• Use a reusable lunch bag or box; you won't need to throw away a paper bag everyday!
• When you make a purchase, don't take a bag unless you absolutely need one.
• Rent things you use infrequently instead of purchasing them.
• Use cloth napkins instead of paper napkins.
• Use a sponge or cloth instead of paper towels.
• Look for items that use little or no packaging.
• Use reusable plastic containers for food instead of plastic bags.
• Use rechargeable batteries instead of disposable ones.
• Read books, magazines, and newspapers at the library instead of purchasing them.
• Use plates, cups, and utensils that can be washed instead of ones you throw away.
• Purchase items like juice and detergent in concentrate when possible.